We are looking to hire a fully qualified Financial Accountant.
This is a newly created role reporting directly to the Finance Director for the day-to-day running of the group’s finances. It’s an excellent opportunity to get in at the ground level of our rapidly scaling business and take on wider responsibilities as we grow.
Location: Anywhere in the UK
Business financing wasn’t designed for ecommerce. We think it’s time to change that.
We use tech to provide frictionless financing to ecommerce sellers. Storfund is available on 17 Amazon marketplaces and a growing number of other marketplaces around the world. Established in London in 2018, we’ve grown rapidly and now support businesses from California to Shanghai.
Storfund is an equal opportunity employer
We believe a diverse team is the key to our success and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The role you will take on
You will manage the day-to-day accounting requirements to deliver reliable financial information and drive reporting compliance whilst keeping an eye on cash flow.
- Manage financial reporting by working closely with our external bookkeeper to deliver consolidated management accounts and financial statements that are fully reconciled at ledger level and where drivers of our financial performance are well understood and explained.
- Drive compliance with tax and statutory reporting requirements for multiple entities in different jurisdictions. You will liaise with and coordinate the work of our external accountants whilst taking full ownership for meeting all reporting deadlines.
- Ensure our finances are in a good place with anything from managing cash to administering our equity and handling ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Implement processes and controls that reduce the need for repeated tasks, ‘clean-ups’ or mad scrambles to keep pace with the company as it scales whilst being pragmatic on what is needed to deliver suitable level of controls given our stage in the growth cycle.
Our dream candidate
- A professional accountancy qualification or part-qualification (ACA or ACCA) is essential. This role would be an excellent first move from practice for anyone looking to get into a business with high growth trajectory or for a newly qualified or part-qualified chartered accountant looking to make a mark at an ambitious, scaling business.
- You will be well-versed in accounting and taxation principles and able to manage various accounting tasks with attention to detail as well as initiating process improvements.
- Previous exposure to multiple currencies and consolidated accounts is an advantage.
- You have strong Excel skills and an ability to simplify the complex.
- You will need to be extremely proactive in your approach, ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to ensure the group’s finances are in a good place.
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter with an enquiring mind, interested to work in an agile start up environment and enjoy solving problems beyond your comfort zone. You will in return be working in a supportive environment to help you grow and realise your potential.
What we offer you
- Start-up culture with no bureaucracy and no complex processes
- Collaborative, close-knit team – all the way up to our co-founders
- Full ownership over your responsibilities and tasks
- Remote working. Work from any city, your home or your favourite cafe
- Tech diversity. We offer a range of options for hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux). We value delivery, it’s up to you how you get there.
- Competitive compensation
If you think you’re the right candidate and fit for Storfund, please express your interest and we’ll be in touch, good luck!
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies